About Crestwood Montessori
A true montessori experience since 1961
Our team of professional Montessori/Early Childhood teachers are trained to follow each child individually. In a true Montessori classroom, the child guides the teacher; Dr. Montessori’s research with young children showed that the children are very capable of teaching themselves.
Our goal is to help each child succeed independently by actively planning and presenting materials according to each child’s ability and interests. Our school’s curriculum is not taught in isolation, but is interwoven. The child will learn language and math skills along side art, practical life, music, zoology, botany and culture.
What your child will experience:
• A warm, loving environment where they have the freedom to choose
• An individualized curriculum that follows the child from one developmental stage to the next
• Experienced Montessori teachers that help the children learn to help themselves and gain confidence in all abilities
• A well rounded program that excites and encourages each child’s absorbent mind
• A socially conscious environment where the children are encouraged to respect each other and the materials in the classroom
• A beautiful, calm classroom that has been carefully designed for children
• Mentoring younger children and learning from older children. Our mixed age classroom ranges from 3 to 6 years of age
• Small class sizes where they have the opportunity to get to know their peers well, and work in a peaceful space
Our school is a 5-class per week program, offering morning and afternoon classes from September to June.
Part time options are available. Call or email to inquire about availability.
Morning – 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Afternoon – 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
All snacks, craft supplies and materials are covered in the monthly tuition fee. No parent helpers are required, but we welcome those that want to spend time watching their child in the environment.
The space is fully air-conditioned to provide for the children’s comfort and an optimal learning environment.